Re: Samba broken

Author: Kenneth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Samba broken

> sounds like an selinux issue
>
> check /var/log/messages for avc denied messages
>
> If you want, change selinux to permissive and reboot
> <system-config-securitylevel>
>
> on your Fedora computer - where are you mounting? <directory> doesn't
> tell me anything and I would simply guess that you are mounting it
> somewhere where the selinux contexts aren't happy.

I'll check that. I was trying to mount it under my home directory. selinux
is another of those things on my list of "really should educate myself one of
these days". I told it to be permissive when I installed, but then when I
tried to boot off the original kernel to make sure it wasn't a kernel options
issue, it wanted to re-label all the partitions or some such, so it might be
that. Thanks for the tip.