Re: PPTP vs. SSL

+ (text/html)
Author: jordi laforge
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: PPTP vs. SSL
I'm trying to provide a roadwarrior situation. Here is what I'm looking at:
Small 8-12 user lan.
4-5 of these users have home pc's(Windows) that they'd like to use to
connect to the
office and user the file server\ email\ databases.
The windows file server has PPTP capabilities.

I could either use the Windows PPTP or setup another server running Linux
with openvpn. Or something else I haven't thought of....but you guys
suggest.
Whaddya think?