Re: Question: ping

Author: George Toft
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Question: ping
What you want to do is illegal and contrary to your terms of service
with your ISP. The downside to a ping flood is he can claim you were
trying to DoS him, and he complains to your ISP and Michael finds a new ISP.

You should consider setting up iptables to block all traffic from his
IP/subnet. Maybe he'll go away. How did he find you to begin with?

I knew someone who said he set up ICMP redirects to the NSA's web server
for people like that. All those packets getting redirected to the
spooks! LOL. Whether or not he really did this is irrelevant - it's
still funny to think about.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760