Re: has anyone considered getting a domain for plug?

+ (text/html)
Author: Mike Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Mike L Schwartz
Subject: Re: has anyone considered getting a domain for plug?
On 10/18/06, keith smith <> wrote:

> [image: Available]
> *PHOENIXLUG.COM is available!
>
> I would always recommend the .com first.
>
> I think people get confused with .net ... .org ... ETC
> *
>
> *Darrin Chandler <>* wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 07:07:20PM -0700, JT Moree wrote:
> > I was trying to point some people to plug the other day and had to
> > google for it. Is there a better domain name than plug.phoenix.ax.us?
> >
> > we could register phoenixlug.net and just have it redirect to the
> > current site. that at least gets something easy to remember.
>
> Thanks for the offer! Please post a message when you have it registered
> and the redirection set up. :)
>
> --
> Darrin Chandler | Phoenix BSD Users Group
> | http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
> http://www.stilyagin.com/ |
>

> - - - - - - -
> Keith Smith
> - - - - - - -
>
> http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html
> - - - - - - -

Mike Schwartz's 0.02:
I ** so ** do not care.
If I ever forget,
I can very easily use a search engine,
and type in "PLUG Phoenix Linux" or something like that,
and it will remind me...
and I won't even have to type in
the domain name, or the URL,
I can just click on one of the hits
(probably one of the first 2 or 3 - - maybe the first one);
Then, once I have a bookmark, again I do not have to
type it in, plus I do not have to worry about forgetting!
So I don't think it makes a big difference
what the name is, as long as it is
something that sorta makes sense,
at least to someone who
"used to" know it (and maybe just forgot).
Just MHO,
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale AZ