Re: sabayon (was fc6 slip)

+ (text/html)
Author: Patrick C
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sabayon (was fc6 slip)
Boot tends to be fairly slow, however, there are
fixes<http://sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1237>available on
the forums (if you have an Nvidia video card, running "fc-cache
-f" is supposed to reduce Nvidia's splash-screen lag). If you install it on
hardware that can run XGL, then it'll run fine. I've actually found that
AIGLX runs faster than XGL, but that might just be me. What kind of hardware
would you be installing it on?