Re: apache SSL help

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: apache SSL help
On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 11:30 -0500, wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <>:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 10:56 -0500, wrote:
> >> Quoting :

> >> Sorry, Craig, I should have read your post a little closer.
> >> SSLRequireSSL need to be in a <Directory> like you have it, not in the
> >> <VirtualHost>. How to relax the SSLRequireSSL in a subdirectory? I
> >> don't know that one, but I'll keep looking.
> > ----
> > actually, the killer seems to be the Redirect Permanent /drupal line
> > because even if I just do a 'wget
> > http://localhost/drupal/modules/civicrm/extern/soap.php' the Redirect is
> > in play and it shifts automatically to an https request
> >

> If you'd like to redirect all requests to https, except that
> directory, I think you can use RedirectMatch, and write a regexp to
> exclude the /drupal directory.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch
>
> Does that sound useful?

----
In the sense that the only thing this server is doing is serving drupal
and it is the one I want to ensure is using SSL, no.

What I am trying to accomplish is to require SSL on everything but one
specific URL.

With the Redirect Permanent /drupal line commented out

and the <Directory>/drupal SSLRequireSSL</Directory> commented out, life
is good but then of course, I don't ensure that I have that people are
using SSL and it's entirely possible for them to login and use their
network credentials without encryption.

Craig