Re: List Etiquette (job post)

Author: Steven A. DuChene
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: List Etiquette (job post)
OK, I got the following from a recruiter so I am passing it along to
others here. Please do not contact me about this. I have no additional
information or recommendations to offer with respect to this.
Write or call the recruiter mentioned below:

Recruiter said:

I have the following opening. Main skills need strong LINUX, Windows, and
DNS~EPlease send me your word resume ASAP...thanks Dawny

Job Title: Systems Engineer II
Salary Range: 72000 to 90000
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Position Summary:
Engineer, support, and maintain server and storage infrastructure as well as
core applications.

Essential job functions:
Engineering
" Evaluate and recommend solutions related to department responsibilities.
" Design, implement, maintain, and support single and multi-tier solutions
for a 24x7 environment.
" Performance tune and load balance servers and applications to maximize
availability and performance with minimum overhead.
" Collaborate with other teams including network, database, and architecture
staff on solution selection, design, and support.

Support/Systems Administration
" Systems Administration of UNIX, Linux, and Windows Servers, storage
infrastructure, and core applications including vmware and apache.
" Provide rotating 24x7 on-call support for server and storage
infrastructure and applications
" Responsible for after hours and weekend activities to complete and support
hardware and software changes and upgrades.
" Ticket resolution and completion of scheduled change tasks.

Other duties
" Creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation for server, storage, and
core applications.
" Mentor junior staff on all aspects of job function.
" Perform other duties as assigned.

Job Requirements:
" Education: B.S. in Information Systems, other technical discipline, or
equivalent experience.
" 7-12 years of overall experience in Information Systems disciplines.
" 3-5 years designing and implementing single and multi-tier solutions with
UNIX/Linux servers.
" 3-5 years performance tuning servers and applications.
" Server experience - including installation, maintenance, and
troubleshooting::

" 5-8 years with UNIX/Linux; prefer Red Hat, SUSE, HP-UX
" 2-3 years with Windows 2000/2003; prefer experience with Active Directory
" Implementation, support and maintenance of NAS or SAN environments; prefer
HP and Network Appliance.
" 3-5 years scripting (bash, sh, ksh, perl, awk, sed, etc.)
" 2-3 years of experience with Apache web server including installation,
configuration, and support.
" Demonstrated knowledge of networking and firewalls
" Experience implementing and/or supporting core Microsoft applications such
as Exchange and Terminal Server.
" Other skills: Organizational, written, communication, interpersonal,
analytical.

Dawn Hanson
PDS Recruiting Manager

480-775-0777 Office