Re: Rise in Spam

Author: Nathan England
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Rise in Spam

Most users in my organization access mail from a pop interface, though that
will soon change. For now, I have all their email subjects flagged as
*****SPAM***** appropriately. Then each user has a .procmailc that moves spam
to a spam folder in their user dir.

They can access their email thru a web interface and check the spam folder.
Soon all mail will be webmail only anyway, which will make this all much
easier for me.

On Monday 16 October 2006 09:49, Dan Lund wrote:
> it's actually gotten to the point that I just removed spamassassin
> from the loop.
> It started flagging everything coming through as spam.
> (though that might be true, the CEO doesn't think that's funny when
> all his mail coming in is flagged as spam haha)
>
> --Dan
>
> On 10/16/06, David <> wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Nathan England wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Have any of you noticed a recent upserge in spam? My spamassassin's
> > > filters aren't catching much today!
> >
> > I've been noticing it both on my home server and with gmail. I keep
> > meaning to look into it, but life has a way of putting other things as a
> > higher priority, dangit.
> > David
> >
> > --
> > "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
> > --Darth Vader
> > ---
> > 08:49:01 up 10 days, 1:06, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations