Re: Domain search without squating?

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Linux on Jornada 680
Subject: Re: Domain search without squating?
It is good you think of such things. I often think about what is right - should I do something or not.

I do not pirate software for that reason.

I can only do what I think I do best. Maybe I can help some of those investors with their website needs and get some cash back. :)

Darrin Chandler <> wrote: On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 02:30:28PM -0700, keith smith wrote:
> It's plain old business.

> I don't think I'm a scumbag because I speculate on domains. I plan on buying an acre or 2 out east of AJ or North of Scottsdale - way out so in 10 or 15 years I can build on it. Does that make me a scumbag?

If I can the inclination to speculate on real estate I'd do it in a
heartbeat, with no worries.

I follow your reasoning on domains, and I have already justified it to
myself pretty well. I have come across no ethical or moral problems with
it. But I'll only get into that market if and when I can make the
nagging feeling go away.

I think it may stem from something you said about the housing market.
You got angry because of speculators driving the prices up. This is
probably what feels wrong to me about domains: making someone angry. Yet
it wouldn't bother me in real estate, so why should it in virtual
estate?

Perhaps you've helped me with my problem. :)

   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

Keith Smith
http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html