Re: Eclipse-SDK compile errors

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Eclipse-SDK compile errors
On Fri, October 13, 2006 6:33 am, Patrick C wrote:
> For some reason Firefox thinks this is a binary file, but this is the
> output
> of what I see when I try to compile eclipse-sdk:
>
> http://www.robertc.com/pxc/eclipse.errors
>
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I think maybe I have the wrong
> version of the sun-jdk.

Warining: Never used emerge or Gentoo so I'm really stumbling in the dark
here. But...

The last couple of lines says to include the following in your bug report:
GENTOO_VM= CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME="/opt/sun-jdk-1.5.0.08"
JAVACFLAGS="-source 1.4 -target 1.4" COMPILER=""

Looks like it is refering to the JDK sun-jdk-1.5.0.08. Which do you need,
do you know?

All the other errors in that huge file say it could not find the right VM.
I think your guess is right but I don't know where to go from there.

Alan