Re: Mandriva 2007

+ (text/html)
Author: Donn
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Mandriva 2007
I am running it right now. I've had it installed for about a week and it has
been very stable. The eye candy takes some work to get right, if you want
it. Otherwise it looks pretty good so far. Being a new major version, there
are quite a few known bugs and issues. Check the FAQ on the Mandriva site.

On 10/10/06, <> wrote:

> Has anyone tried this distro yet?
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my MythTV server and was curious how this
> compared to say, Suse 10.1. I downloaded the Mandriva One CD and it
> looks like IVTV and LIRC are both compiled and ready to use.
>
> I want to run the same software on my desktop, the EPIA machine I have
> set up and the server.
>
> Thanks for any advise.

Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry