Re: Email - Calendaring app

Author: alex@crackpot.org
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Email - Calendaring app
Quoting "Eric \Shubes\" <>:

> Alan Dayley wrote:
>>
>> However, in my current case I don't think this is a solution. I am
>> getting emails where the body of the email, the plain text, is a vcalendar
>> record in all it's "markup glory." There is no attachment to click on or
>> load since the data to be imported to the calendar is the email content.
>>
> I know nothing about this, but was thinking that perhaps the people sending
> the vcal records need to learn to send them as attachments. Just wondering.

I suppose Alan would have to decide if that's feasible. FWIW, I did
something similar at a previous job. I was a lone
OSX/(Mail|Thunderbird)/iCalendar user among Win/Outlook/Outlook folks.
They would send meeting invites as .ics attachments, and I was able
to import/use them without problems. I don't know how that's
configured on the Outlook side, but however they did it worked a treat.

alex