Re: Email - Calendaring app

+ (text/html)
Author: jordi laforge
To: dennisk, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Email - Calendaring app
Maybe I should have mentioned this in my first post. My reason for asking is
I'm helping a friend who operates a mortgage co. Once of his requirments is
calendar sharing between loan agents. He was going to just get Microsoft
Small Business Server and be done with it, but I have convinced him at least
to consider Linux as an option. Here are some of my arguments:

*with MS SBS2003 you have File services, Exchange, Sharepoint, VPN all in
one server... Single point of failure\one compromise or virus is system
wide. To separate you'd have to buy another SBS license. Why not use
Linux and distribute services?

*If you use Linux you are taking your server out of a pool of about 60K
viruses.

*Try it...if you don't like it you can always still buy SBS
Thank you Joshua. That article looks good. I may give you a call.