Re: qwest dsl with old router

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: qwest dsl with old router
JT Moree wrote:
> I have an old 2wire 1000SW dsl router from st louis. I'm trying to make
> it work with qwest so that I dont have to buy or rent one. Anyone know
> if qwest is using pppoe?

Thanks everyone. I have the old router working but I dont know which
pppoX is being used. It's a SBC branded 2wire router with built in
wireless. Seems to be working fine. I did plug the actiontec in to get
my username and password but I think I could have gotten it to work
without that. The setup wizard did not work properly most times i ran
it so It's using the default pppoA I think. There is a status page but
I dont rmember what it said.

I'll return the actiontec on monday to save some money. I can always
buy/rent one later if this one stops working.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.

believed to be clean.