New to the area (Introduction)

Author: Steve White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: New to the area (Introduction)
Greetings.

I am new to the Phoenix area recently transplanted from Los Angeles. I
was a lurker on a couple of the LUG lists out there posting
occasionally. While I am not a complete noob when it comes to Linux, I
have a lot to learn. Now that I have time (still looking for work out
here) I'd like to seriously begin learning Linux.

I'd love to come to the install-fest, but I may have another commitment
on that day so perhaps the next one.

I have a job lined up to do phone tech support. It will be enough to
pay bills but it isn't what I was doing out in CA.

I have 7+ years experience dealing with all aspects of Windows networks
- both server and workstation - as well as handling all data and
telephone/mobile telephone communications as the IT Manager for the
company I was with.
That plus an MBA doesn't seem to be getting me much attention out here.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I know exceedingly few people in the
area.

Thanks for your time.

Steve White
Peoria, AZ