Re: Reliable file transfer?

Author: JT Moree
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Reliable file transfer?
Victor Odhner wrote:
> Is there a file transfer protocol that will verify
> the data as it comes across, and retry any failed
> blocks? Apparently sftp is not doing this.

I was having problems like this with scp. I ending up using http to
transfer the files by putting them in the web tree on the source machine.

You might also try bittorrent but rsync will take less to setup and use.

I don't know why this problem is happening but I did see a bug report
for ssh once that said it was corrupting data. I don't remember the
exact details but I wondered if that was what I was running into.

- --
JT Morée
PC Xperience, Inc.

believed to be clean.