Re: Thoughts on Gentoo

Author: Joshua Zeidner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Gentoo
I learned a lot about the various distros at the SCALE conference
two years ago. You can tell what a distro is all about by the people
running the booth:

Suse/Novell: Corporate guys with "Novell" embroidered polos.
Obnoxiously condescending. They needed to call in their 'technical
guy' to answer any question aside from "how much does this cost?"

BSD: The guy running the booth looks like he hadn't stepped outside
in 4 years. He knew a hell of a lot about security though and I would
definitely trust him to manage security for a high-profile LAN.

Debian: Hardcore hackers. Solid. No time wasted there.

Gentoo: Bunch of kids under 25 who have not yet discovered shampoo.
They had a keyboard hooked up the computer. Heavy on the attitude.
Lots of technology. Need to get their !@#$ together.

-jmz

--
.0000. communication.
.0001. development.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006