Re: Website contributions (Was: Re: The site is down)

Author: KE7FEG
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Website contributions (Was: Re: The site is down)
Great Idea! For those of us 'mobility/transportation'
challenged people.

--- Joshua Zeidner <> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have you considered setting up a streaming service
> so that people can
> watch the meeting remotely and even pose questions
> through VOIP or
> similar technology? I would help implement this...
> having all the
> meetings in Video and published to the site would
> greatly expand PLUG
> participation. jmz
>
> On 9/7/06, Darrin Chandler
> <> wrote:

> Side / West Side
> that it's a somewhat tired
> to them.
> > >
> > > Well, then we need to fix them. The dog and pony
> shows in silicon valley
> > > have been going for longer than PLUG, but they
> still draw lots of people.
> > >
> > > Also, I think it would be awesome if we were
> drawing people who "just want
> > > to use the computer" and don't want to be
> computer gurus.
> > >
> > > We have awesome software to demo for just that
> audience: Firefox,
> > > OpenOffice.org, Inkscape, Blender, the GIMP,
> GAIM, PDF Creator, ...
> >
> > I've noticed that there is little intersection in
> the groups attending
> > the East Side meeting and the Developers meeting.
> Now, the Dev meeting
> > isn't huge, but it draws about the same numbers as
> East Side.
> >
> > I wonder how many people would show if there were
> a System
> > Administrators meeting?
> >
> > While I think there's a place for apps like GIMP,
> Blender and such, and
> > probably a wide audience, you'll probably never
> see me at one of those
> > meetings.
> >
> > You can have geographically-based meetings and try
> to draw the biggest
> > numbers (and turn off people with no interest) or
> have SIG-type
> > meetings. As you may guess, I would prefer SIG
> meetings. They would have
> > their own set of problems, of course. But I think
> SIGs would be a good
> > thing, and perhaps instead of 20 new users groups
> sprouting up we could
> > have a few SIGs (SA, Web dev, Noobs/Apps).
> >
> > Just an idea, and probably not a new one here...
> >

> --
>
> JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
> IT Consultant
>
> ++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
> ( 602 ) 490 8006

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.