Re: Dell giveaway (addendum)

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Dell giveaway (addendum)
Am 19. Aug, 2006 schwätzte Kenneth so:

> Hmmm, are there different versions of flash then? I installed the plugin for

Yes. Don't know if any of them are yet secure. I believe there is no
player for GNU/Linux for the most recent version.

> firefox, and typing about:plugins in the URL bar shows it active, but most
> sites with flash still don't work. Maybe I did something wrong...

PLaying swf animations and games in Mozilla/Firefox has worked for many
years. I still generally only have one place where I allow them.

mplayer will play them if you download them via the Unplug Firefox
extension. Don't know if it'll handle the games.

> I never really worried about it too much. I have to have windows for a couple
> of things, so if there's a site I really need that requires it, I just wait
> until I have it up and running for something else. I dream of the day I can
> kick Windows out the window...

Some of us don't have access to m$ products :).

There's also the problem of 32 bit binaries on 64 bit systems that a few
of us experience.

Use Inkscape and SVW for animations. Ask Ted :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.hans