Re: getting a linksys wrt54gl

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: getting a linksys wrt54gl
tg wrote:
> I am going to shop a linksys wrt54gl today. should I pay attention to
> the version?
>

> Currently there is version 1.0 and version 1.1 ? maybe 1.0 is not
> available anymore.
>
> Has version 1.1 any disadvantage?

I bought mine a few months ago from Fry's Electronics. It's serial
number starts with CL7A. According to the OpenWRT website[1], that
means it is a 1.0. The same page says they 1.1 version is sold in the
EU so maybe you can't even get it here in the states.

I'd think if you are buying a WRT54GL, you are very safe. The "L" means
Linux and it is specifically offered for people who like to customize
it, not that you have to.

Alan

[1]http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WRT54GL