Re: Asterisk WinModem Availability

+ (text/html)
Author: Derek Neighbors
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Asterisk WinModem Availability
Sam,

On Aug 11, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Sam Mulvey wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm testing out some Asterisk solutions for replacing a PBX, but
> before I buy an expensive FXO card, I was wondering if anyone knew
> where I could get those winmodems that apparently work with
> Asterisk locally?

You should be able to pick up a test FXO/FXS card for about $129. I
just don't see the winmodem as being a good way to "test" Asterisk.
We do a lot of Asterisk installations. If you ask here whether
Asterisk can do what you want, I am sure we could give you a valid
answer.

Buying a winmodem would just be throwing away money. Analog lines
with quality cards have fairly significant echo issues that need fine
tuning as it is. I suspect a winmodem would be nothing but
frustration. Just my two cents.

--
Derek Neighbors
Integrum Technologies