Re: Boot problem

Author: joe
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Boot problem
.
One more thing in response to this suggestion:

> > Try removing hdb and try to boot. hda5 is the active partition,
> > or at least it was. It should boot from there even though
> > it is not labeled.
> >
> > Does the BIOS recognize the drive size correctly upon boot?

> Yes, it did recognize both drive sizes correctly in the bios
> before Eric disabled drive hdb in the bios (I think that is
> what was done.)

I thought that the point of disabling hdb in bios
(as I believe was done yesterday) was to achieve the
suggest, above, to "try removing hdb ..."

But if I'm remembering what happened correctly (and I may not be),
the result was that both drives seemed to "disappear" ...

Now, I tend to think that this whole ordeal could be and perhaps
should be titled: "The great LILO boot-loader disappearance mystery."