Phoenix Perl Mongers Meeting July 27

Author: Brock
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Phoenix Perl Mongers Meeting July 27
Greetings,

In an effort to get habitual about cross-posting our meeting
information, I thought I'd let you all know that there will be a Perl
Monger meeting in a few days. I suspect that there are a lot of PLUG
folks interested in our meetings in general -- we're happy to talk about
anything regarding Perl... from how to customize system backup scripts
to what all those strange little '$' are in those weird .pl files to
implementing HTTP servers. Heck, we're happy to talk about a lot of
things that are completely un-related to Perl :)

For this meeting we're planning to primarily talk about the recent ICFP
contest (http://icfpcontest.org/) which occured this weekend. It is a
very fun language-agnostic contest, and several of us participated.
We'll analyze some of the contest problems and some code solutions.

Here's the formal announcement:

Phoenix Perl Mongers July Meeting (http://phoenix.pm.org)
     Time: Thursday 27 July 2006 7:00pm-9:00pm
 Location: Mill's End Cafe, Tempe, AZ
           http://maps.google.com/maps?q=310+S+Mill+Ave+tempe,+az
           North-West corner of Mill and 3rd (N of University Ave) in Tempe
           Parking off of 3rd (free with validation)
    Topic: YAPC::NA - Experiences and Topics at the conference
           ICFP 2006 - This year's contest, discussion and code
    Other: Free wireless, bring your laptops!

Thanks, and hope to see you there,
--Brock