Re: Change hostname etc.?

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: alandd, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Change hostname etc.?
Alan Dayley wrote:

> I don't think the authentication server cares about the hostname, per se.

I think this is incorrect. I've set up a samba server to mimick a
windows domain, and in addition to authenticating the user, it
authenticates the hostname. This is to prevent someone from plugging a
non-authorized machine into the network.

I've only done win workstations with a linux samba server, not the other
way around. I don't know enough to tell you how to do it, but I'd look
for a machine (hostname) account (how to create) on the win domain
controller. The samba reference manual should tell you what you need.

--
-Eric 'shubes'