Re: PLUG website down

Author: alandd@consultpros.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: We're back! (Was: Re: PLUG website down)
Subject: Re: PLUG website down
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 06:19:57PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
>
> FYI, is the machine in question dedicated, or a shared hosting
> environment?

It is shared.

> If it's dedicated, it might be worth chrooting Apache. If it's shared it
> might be chrooted already. It can help localize the damage in situations
> like this.

Integrum knows what they are doing and has it setup how they like. The
crack into the PLUG site did not compromise the system overall. It caused
a denial of service problem and so they cut the site off to stem the root
issue quickly. They did the right thing.

I'll be talking to them today to get the site up, minus the calendar, for
now. We are then looking at different and better solutions that will
allow PLUG more control and better isolation from Integrum's other stuff.

> Thanks for your efforts, Alan! It's not an easy job, and I appreciate
> all that you do.

Thank you, Darrin. I a grateful for all that Integrum has done!

Alan