Re: Asterisk (complete n00b)

Author: KE7FEG
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Asterisk (complete n00b)
NOT trying to sell them, but I do have and enjoy my
'quietness' now that I know that when it rings, it is
almost 100 percent someone I know. Nothing like
answering 'silly' and it be a doctor's office
recpetionist tho! Oh, well, it was about the time Wes
calls usually and after normal office hours!

I picked up the tenna dipper and let it sound out the
cw code for the frequency it was set for. She almost
hung up before I answered! Blew her mind! Still would
love a video on her face on that one. Tenna dipper =
an antenna swr meter that has a pic that sends the
Frequency it is resonate with to a speaker. It and a
9v battery fit in an altoids mint can! Dit dit.

--- Kevin <> wrote:

> On 7/14/06 11:28 AM, "KE7FEG" <>
> wrote:
>
> > Kevin, others. You could use my Guardian sorta. By
> > plugging it in at night, and turning off the
> ringers
> > in other rooms, recording that 'night time message
> > with reminder for those who know the extension
> number
> > to use it', you could basically drop others off.
> It
> > uses no batteries and keeps the extension and
> message
> > forever?
>
> Ed, thanks for the tip. This looks perfect. Or,
> for $10 more ($90) I can
> go with the "Screener" model which adds the "Time of
> Day" feature and solves
> my problem of forgetting to turn the phone back on
> in the morning.
>
> Much easier/cheaper than Asterisk, I'll bet.
>
> ...Kevin

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.