Re: OT (Partially Off Topic) Qwest DSL and DirecTV -vs- Dish…

Author: KE7FEG
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT (Partially Off Topic) Qwest DSL and DirecTV -vs- Dish Network

--- "Daniel P. Stasinski" <>
wrote:

> > On 7/13/06, Josef Lowder <>
> wrote:
> > As as I read the latest Qwest "bundled" services
> promotion, it appears
> > that the $82.96/month for home telephone -plus-
> 1.5M DSL -plus- 155-channel
> > DirecTV translates to $36/month for home telephone
> -plus- $17/month for
> > 1.5M DSL -plus- $30/month for DirecTV (all prices
> set for the first 15 months).
>
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yep, all the hidden fees are missing. To get the
> 1.5mb you have to
> use the MSN option which adds another $10 or $15.

Beg to differ, You can, with plenty arguments, get it
w/o MSN, I did. Took some doing, and twice they
'added' it, but got it removed.

They just don't want to do it, but you can!

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.