Re: Video Surveillance and Open Source

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Video Surveillance and Open Source
Am 13. Jul, 2006 schwätzte Kevin so:

> New challenge. I need to setup video surveillance over an area that will
> require at least 4 cameras to cover. I'm interested in any experience from
> PLUG'ers using the 'motion'[0] software on Linux.

Come to the meeting tonight and ask Brian to demonstrate what he has setup
at the various schools.

> - Some of the cameras need to be outside (it's darn hot out there)

Brian had to deal with that and protecting them from being shot out.

> - Cameras must work well in low light or night situations

That's when he had to watch out for the vandals.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "But you could teach these skills to a high-school student, and you could
#  probably teach them to an artist."  -- Richard Roberts