Re: Fedora 5 & KDE SIGSEGV

Author: Daniel P. Stasinski
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Fedora 5 & KDE SIGSEGV
On 7/12/06, Craig White <> wrote:
> nope - but there has been some discussion about the last round of
> updates of kde stuff on FC-5 that I probably haven't installed yet.

Yep, its been pretty problematic. An update 2 weeks ago left out a
bunch of utilities. Then the crashes on some apps started. Todays
update really screwed with the menus. I've never seen Fedora updates
be so problematic.

I enabled the fedora-testing repository, updated qt, and the crashes stopped.

The scary part is that I just upgraded my parents PC to Fedora 5 and
now I have to attempt to do all the fixing remotely on all their
logins.

Daniel