Re: re[2]: VPS Command Line Tutorials

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: re[2]: VPS Command Line Tutorials
Thanks,

netstat gives me a few lines w/o any ports......

I did install an FTP server and issued proftpd -t -d3 and it started. - not sure if this command also caused it to be configured on runlevel 3... did notice is was added to rc3.d

Thanks for your help,
Keith

Jason Spatafore <> wrote: You can probably check what email server and ftp server is running by doing:

netstat

Then look for which process is listening to port 110 (POP, email) and port 21 (FTP)

>> Thanks Craig ,

Thanks for the references.

I was able to
>> determine the version of apache by httpd - v

and the version of
>> bind by named -v .

However I cannot determin which mail
>> server is running