Re: Mythtv with Qwest Choice service?

Author: Prescott Oelke
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Mythtv with Qwest Choice service?
I had Qwest Choice for awhile and as I remember it they put a little
dongle into the coax cable that (I think) was an RF receiver (it had
two little antennas on it) for the remotes. Each remote only worked
for the TV it was programmed for, even from another room. The IR part
of the remote was only for interacting with the TV for volume control
and such.

I got rid of it because of the 3 TV limit and the fact that having all
the TVs on and changing channels caused a lag in the internet
connection. Maybe Qwest has worked those issues out by now though.

As for MythTV I dont know of a package that would handle the RF
signals which would be a major issue since you can only change the
channel on the main TV without one.