Best ext3 data recovery service?

Author: sean
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Best ext3 data recovery service?
So on top of everything else breaking as I move to my new place, my
personal hard drive is going south too.

It came on the heels of a large 15 GB zip uncompression over vmware's
shared folders thing. I don't think that has anything to do with it,
but the last time I tried to turn the machine on I got a sequential
listing of DriveReady SeekComplete errors. That's after I turned SMART
on after first noticing bad sectors, but I'm not about to futz with it
anymore--if drive the head is smashing into the platters, I'd like to
limit that sort of damage by not even turning it on.

Could anyone recommend a good data recovery service that could deal with
160 GB of ext3 on two partitions and can respect the privacy of my
data? Data Doctors starts at $350 but I'm certain they're not the only
game in town.

If anybody could share their experiences in this arena I'd much
appreciate it.

Thanks,

--sean