Re: How do you add files to an existing compressed tar file?

Author: Michael Vanecek
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How do you add files to an existing compressed tar file?
Oh der! Yeah - unzip it, append to it, the re-gzip it. Shuh - I always
do things the hard way... You can use -u for updating changed files.
Sheesh - after going thru this list of options:
http://man.splitbrain.org/tar(1) I'm amazed at just how few of the
features I use in the seemingly simple tar!

Cheers,
Mike
--
http://www.taroandti.com/ Exotic Plants and More...