Re: Small Linux boxes?

Author: Kevin
To: PLUG-DISCUSS
Subject: Re: Small Linux boxes?

On 5/4/06 10:46 AM, "" <> wrote:
> Linksys NSLU2 with the second NIC being a USB ethernet card? Not sure if
> it has the horsepower you'd need, but seems that it'd be close.

Now that is a great idea. I am not familiar with the Intel IXP420
processor, so I wonder if it has enough horsepower to run Squid and
Dansguardian? They can be real pigs (especially Squid). I also wonder if I
will be able to compile Squid, Dansguardian, dhcpd, Apache, and PHP on that
processor? Will I be able to recompile the kernel to enable iptables
supports, etc?

I might just have to buy one of these and try it out.

...Kevin