qmail mta vs. cox.net

+ (text/html)
Author: Randy Melder
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: qmail mta vs. cox.net
I have a perplexing issue with a mail server. Running Centos 4.2, Qmail and
Squirrelmail.

Here's what is does, and doesn't do:

1. mail -s whatever - Sends and receives with no
problems.
2. mail -s whatever - Sends, but nothing reaches
destination.
3. Squirrelmail compose to - Sends to any account
and reaches destination, no problem. Even @cox.net accounts.
4. Relay mail from any local server to any address - Sends, but if address
is @cox.net, nothing reaches destination.

Is there a Qmail expert who has some magic setting to make my MTA behave
with cox.net? ...and secondarily, why/how does squirrelmail work and
relaying and the mail command not?

Please email me at if you want to contact me off list.

thanks,

--
..::Randy Melder::..