Re: Windows virus scanner for Samba shares?

Author: Nathan England
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Windows virus scanner for Samba shares?

AntiVir is great and they have a Linux version as well. They have a free
version for private use that might work for you to test the system with,
before purchasing...

Nathan

On Monday 24 April 2006 19:01, Michael Sammartano wrote:
> I use antivir xp
> Seems to work great, I also scan the samba shares from win2003 using
> same program.
>
> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> >Any of you run a Windows virus scanner on your Linux box to scan Samba
> >shares?
> >
> >If so, what do you use? Do you have commercial updates and costs?
> >
> >I see clamav, F-Prot Antivirus, commercial uvscan. And I am currently
> >doing research. I have worked with some antivirus solutions for email
> >filtering. But in this case, I need to scan directories of files, which
> >will also probably involve extracting archives.
> >
> >In addition to running anti-virus on the Linux file server, now an
> >off-topic/Windows question: any suggestions for anti-virus software to
> >install on the Windows Xp and 2000 machines themselves? My customer is
> >using some version of Symantec Norton antivirus.
> >
> >I'd like to be able to setup the Windows boxes to share the same
> >downloaded signature (keep on the Linux samba server). What small office
> >solutions do you use?
> >
> > Jeremy C. Reed

Payson Computer Services
PO Box 2551
Payson, Arizona 85547
(928) 595 - 1449

http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations