G-Calendar for PLUG?

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: G-Calendar for PLUG?
I think I've created a monstrosity:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/b042jg2ukbbhomocu7sl6n1hmk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

If you click on this, you might get a mess.

If you copy this URL into a "subscribe to calendar" field on your calendar
application, you'll see everything pretty clearly.

If you go to http://www.google.com/calendar/ , click on "other calendars"
in the lower-left corner, click on the Public Calendar Address tab, then
enter that URL there, you'll likely see it exactly as I do.

I wish they just "had a link" to the calendar, I looked and failed to find
one.

I originally made this for my own personal use. It's just another
category in my personal calendar. But an easy flick of preference radio
buttons makes this calendar public. People with any XML or ICAL calendar
reader can subscribe to this calendar. Since it's public, it's also
searchable by Google, increasing visibility. It's possible to add g-mail
accounts to an access list so others can edit the calendar. It's also
possible to have an "invite list", which e-mails them a meeting invite,
and you can track RSVP's.

This kind of thing could seriously increase visibility. Just having a
standard invite that could be forwarded to the HR departments of
corporations, along with lots of shaking hands and phoning, would be
enough. Searchability on Google increases it even more. We may also be
able to import from the G-Calendar to our portal, making management easy.

Discuss: Do we want to create a PLUG Google group with g-mail and
calendar?

--
Alexander