Re: server room construction companies in the valley?

Author: Dan Lund
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: server room construction companies in the valley?
We went with APC for rack/cooling plans. Really our data center is
nice but it doesn't have that "look at me, ooh ooh, I have glass
doors!" feel. We have an APC infrastruXture for battery backup and
racking... Leibert A/C for Air Conditioning. The planning was all
done by us, and APC helped with the CFM necessities along with the
Liebert AC consultant(s).

On 4/20/06, Bill Earl <> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Our company has been fortunate to experience a lot of growth over the
> past few years, and we're now in the process of having our own building
> constructed! Yay!
>
> In the new building we've been tasked with making the server room a
> showcase since we're a technology company (i.e., we use computers a
> lot). This means that my perfectly serviceable computer racks and wiring
> "system" (it's not as bad as some, but it's not a showcase) won't do the
> job.
>
> All the wiring and cabling is taken care of, but I'm looking for
> suggestions and sources for someplace or someone locally who has
> experience with constructing a professional quality server room. We're
> probably going to get new racks, but beyond that, I'm not really sure
> where to start. Does anyone have any experience with a company who can
> give us some advice and even do the work on putting together a pretty
> server room?
>
> We use Linux servers, so hopefully this isn't too off topic. ;-) I know
> that a number of the list members work in data centers, so I'm hoping
> someone has some recommendations. Thanks very much!
>
> --
> Bill Earl
> Network Administrator
> 623-516-4700, ext. 113
> 623-587-7787, fax
> www.bestbill.com

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte