RE: Access alternatives

Author: G Gambill
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Access alternatives
1) Visual FoxPro (VFP) can ODBC to the existing Access Database. Not much
speed gain. Not quite what you are looking for but it might be a step.

2) Also, there is (some where) a program that can create a VFP Database from
an Access Database allowing you to gain much Much MUCH speed. Both data
speed and Rapid Application Development (RAD). Probably one to convert to
most any SQL flavor.

3) I know of a phoenix company that converted their Access Database to MS
SQL Server, keeping their Access programs and augmenting with VFP.

HTH,

George