OT: Re: Access alternatives

Author: Nathan England
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT: Re: Access alternatives

> BTW, see about getting them all to move to OO.o2 and other Free Software
> tools on their m$ boxen. Using Firefox and Thunderbird will solve many of
> the security problems. There's a FF module to use the eXploder rendering
> engine when necessary.

Many of them are eager to use FireFox, but FF has presented a strange
problems. We are using roaming profiles and our offices are spread out and
many people use many different workstations. All works well, except FF! When
you log out, it gives an error saying you can't replace a file when the file
exists! I kow this is just a permission problem somewhere and it won't allow
the user to update the profile on the server, but I have played and played
with permissions and nothing works. Currently, it was set at 777 and it still
wouldn't allow copying the files!