Re: looking for good computer shop in West Mesa/East Tempe

Author: Jerry Davis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: looking for good computer shop in West Mesa/East Tempe
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:05:36 -0700
Michael Sammartano <> wrote:

> what is wrong with the server?
> what repairs do you suspect are needed?
> which distro?
> More info is needed, like hardware, etc..
>
> Contact me off list if you like.

I suspect my fans are bad, I have 4 of them in the server box, and
after a while of being on, they make the awfullest noise.

I hope it is nothing more than that.

Otherwise it works like a top.

I have Mandrake 10 on it.
Was thinking about putting Gentoo or RH on it.

We have RHEL or FC4 at work, maybe FC5 would be ok.

I just find I have less time to work on it now that I am in Phoenix.
Maybe when Summer comes in all its glory, I won't feel like going out
much! But NOW I do!!! with my new Jeep Wrangler and all!!

Jerry

> Jerry Davis wrote:
>
> >I live near Southern and Extension, so that will give you a frame of
> >reference.
> >
> >My server needs repair, and I need a shop that is a good shop that
> >isn't afraid of linux that will do a good job without charging an arm
> >or a leg.
> >
> >Anyone know of a good shop?
> >

> --

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of
wet mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn