Laptop for a hospice patient.

Author: KE7FEG
To: plug
Subject: Laptop for a hospice patient.
Jim, my 34 year friend, has terminal lung cancer. He
is fixated on getting a laptop w/ at least 1 GHZ and
XP so he can play 'tiger woods golf' in bed. Plus surf
the net and read email.

Forget linux, I cannot get him into it.

Anyone have a 'loaner' for that period? About 2
months, maybe less. Could pay some 'rent' if need be.
Tiger woods golf requires 256mb ram and at least an
850 if he remembers right. Plus some disk space. You
get the game for free! And any games he has left that
you are interested in. I am not a M$ man nor much of a gamer.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out, and talk to others.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee
New hand helds start at about $85 and up for single band
transcievers at many dealers, just fyi.

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.
Complete operating systems free if downloaded.
I am running w/o a hard drive on both!!