Re: resend - need email server recommendation

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: resend - need email server recommendation
> Also, I just thought of something. Exim & Qmail are not exactly Sendmail
> compatible. If you have something on your system that calls sendmail (the
> binary), Exim and Qmail may not work properly. Postfix is Sendmail
> compatible, and won't break things.

Exim works fine as a generic "sendmail" command line tool replacement. In
my experience, I don't see how Postfix could be more compatible than Exim
to Sendmail.

Any examples? Or what is your definition of Sendmail compatible?

By the way, I wrote and use a sendmail command-line replacement called
mailout. I have used it for a few years as a sendmail alternative for
outbound email.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/