Re: plug] Re: Who all is going to SCaLE 4x?

Author: R P Herrold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Duane Groth \(CACert president\)
Subject: Re: plug] Re: Who all is going to SCaLE 4x?
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, der.hans wrote:

> Am 15. Feb, 2006 schw?tzte R P Herrold so:

>> role accounts are no problem - there is a primary email address, and the
>> ability to add as many secondaries as you may wish; also as the CSR is
>> gnereated locally, embedded role email addresses insude a certificate are
>> no problem, and are not examined before the countersigning by CACert.
>
> All of the secondaries would be associated to the primary email addy? A
> cert for chairman@PLUG would be associated to my personal certification?
>
> Just trying to get more info. In fact, wanna do a presentation on CACert
> for us? :)

I would be happy to.

The primary trust model is no-cost, and individual, not
organizational or corporate, yes.

Timeing is a little hard. I am a snowbird, but will be in
town later today for a week. I get to about two meeting a
year. ;)

I see an Installfest Saturday at a venue unknown to the
calendar [hint hint]:
    http://www.plug.phoenix.az.us/index.php?option=com_extcalendar&Itemid=35&extmode=view&extid=21
and will stop down, assuming it is not up at Wickenburg, Show
Low or some such.

I just got a writeup advance link from FedoraNews who
interiewed me at SCALE.
     http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/325
down as the first part of the Booths section.  I have
basically ended up as the lead US point of contact for cacert,
and have 'extra point' granting capability in this regard.

My purpose in doing so would be to 'seed' several assurers in
the PHX area for CACert. To most effectively do this, I would
ask folks review, and if they find appropriate, pre-complete a
registration, and bring one govt photo and an aditional govt'l
ID (a DL and a passport come to mind) so that I can verify
bona fides and assign points. I'll also bring some paper
blanks (and a box of the donationware 'Portable Key
Verification Devices which Oisin mentioned) along as well.

My intention would be to endow regular attendee/officer types
with substantial points and those PKVD's, so that it would be
self-perpetuating into the future - my summer LUG has a
regular part of the meeting devoted to assurances:
     http://www.colug.net/cacert/
similar to PGP/GPG WoT keysignings (another hint hint)

-- Russ herrold