Who all is going to SCaLE 4x?

Author: R P Herrold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Who all is going to SCaLE 4x?
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, der.hans wrote:

>>> Does CACert still require gov't issued IDs to participate?
> It's not identity theft that I'm worried about. I don't want to auth my
> gov't recognized name.

ummm --- ok - I had one person who appeared at the booth
decline to give his name -- no problem, but also no cacert ID
;) Ultimately a web of trust, needs to be trustable, and as
I see it, has to chain back to an ID which carries a penal
disincentive to forge.

> I also need to be able to auth role accounts. Some are roles that will be

role accounts are no problem - there is a primary email
address, and the ability to add as many secondaries as you may
wish; also as the CSR is gnereated locally, embedded role
email addresses insude a certificate are no problem, and are
not examined before the countersigning by CACert.

-- Russ Herrold