Re: xine

Author: Robert N. Eaton
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: xine
I was using these instructions from the INSTALL file:

"INSTALL file for libdvdcss, a DVD access library

Configuring libdvdcss
=====================

A typical way to configure libdvdcss is:

./configure --prefix=/usr

See `./configure --help' for more information.

Building libdvdcss
==================

Once configured, run `make' to build libdvdcss.

If you have player keys, you need to put them in the file csskeys.h, before
configuring libdvdcss to enable the "key" method (the one from libcss).

Installing libdvdcss

You can install libdvdcss by typing:

make install"

And I was using su rather than root, hoping to avoid permissions problems.

By the way, does Debian in general, and Xandros in particular, have a
problem with tarballs? Or have I never learned how to unpack and
install them? I never had this much trouble when I was using RedHat or
other .rpm based distro.

Bob
Eaton