Re: Re: burning woes

Author: bmike101@cox.net
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Re: burning woes
okay.... so I put the download and the md5sum in the same
directory.

root@1[mepis3.4]# md5sum SimplyMEPIS_3.4-3.md5sum -c
root@1[mepis3.4]#

Is this correct?
I then burned the ISO and after the MD5 check it goes
wa-waaa and a k3b says:

    an error occured while reading from file <iso>

Any ideas how I should get it to burn? The burn speed was
1x and the burn program used was cdrecord 2.1a19. This is
on the livecd so I can't upgade it (already tried). Should
I change the weriting mode? The options are AUTO, DAO,
TAO, and RAW. I used AUTO.

> From: Gerard Snitselaar <>
> Date: 2006/02/11 Sat PM 06:43:44 PST
> To: Main PLUG discussion list

<>
> Subject: Re: burning woes
>
> I forgot to add another way to check it is to use the -c

flag and
> a file containing the md5sum you are supposed to check

against.
> Here is a quick little example:
>
> snits@newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>ls
> hanoi* hanoi.c
> snits@newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum hanoi >

hanoi.md5
> snits@newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c hanoi.md5
> hanoi: OK
> snits@newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>rm -f hanoi
> snits@newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>gcc -O3 -o hanoi

hanoi.c

wrote:
> > Well, I downloaded a simply mepis ISO and burned it

and

> > it runs grub (I believe?) and then tells me that it

found
> > simplymepis then  it says :
> >     hds: tray open
> >     end_request: I/O error on device......
> > then it also says:
> >     cloop=error -5 uncompressing block <block numbers>

> > Does this sound like a burn error or a corrupt down

load?
> > I would check the download but I do not know how to do

the
> > MD5 thing. Would someone care to inform me how to use

it??

plug-discuss

plug-discuss