apt-get not working getting an error installing just about a…

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim B
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: apt-get not working getting an error installing just about any package
I was trying to do an apt-get dist-upgrade but I get the following message
and I am actually getting this on several systems.

This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad,
but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
-bash: E:: command not found
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs
~# E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

What is the best way to proceed I have seen some people have been doing the
following:

"/etc/apt/apt.conf" and putting in it the line:
    APT::Force-LoopBreak "true";

Jim