Re: OT: web design and screen resolution

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: web design and screen resolution
On Monday 06 February 2006 09:05 pm, Joseph Huber kindly wrote:

> In any event I am trying to base everything on 1 (or 2) style sheets in
> the redesign. I'm using the "rant" over at the noodle incident as a
> starting point
> http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/design_rant/index.html. The
> right hand menu layout has sort of grown on me but I haven't been able to
> get a <div> that will extend the footer across the bottom of the page (it
> floats below the text in the main column or becomes a part of the "menu"
> which runs longer than the main column). I moved the menu over to the left
> side yesterday... but that leaves me with problems with the 2 columns
> running over top of each other if I start shrinking the window or resize
> the font and a "lopsided feel" (I'm being technical here) at either 800x600
> or 1024x768.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

Take a look at the layouts at Ruthsarian Labs:
http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/skidoo_too/index.html

The same layout comes in both 2-column (left or right) and 3-columns and has a
lot of nice features like fluid design, adjustable fonts, source-ordered
columns and across-the-bottom footers. There are also links there for other
good layouts.

I based my layout on the two-column layout there.

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC
www.tigerflag.com