Re: 1st Phoenix BSD... MythTV

Author: Mike
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: 1st Phoenix BSD... MythTV
Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> Craig,
>
>    Are you a MythTV user?  Are there any MythTV users/developers in the AZ
> area?

>    If you or anyone else have experience with MythTV please reply mail.

> Thanks, JMZ

I'm a Myth user...

I run a backend and 2 frontends. I have a PVR-350, PVR-500 and a HD-3000
via QAM on Cox basic. Everything is pretty much stock debian sarge
except the kernel on the backend and the loads of things I had to build
associated with mythtv. (not using any outside repo's)

I started doing it as more of a toy but it has quickly become a
bottomless pit of money and a never ending project. But I'm really not
complaining... ;) I'm having a good time doing it. After having the
functionality I don't think I would want to live without it anymore. TV
is just a whole lot better when you only have to watch what you want to
watch, and you can watch it whenever or wherever you want. (I bought an
ipod to feed off of it as well as the dvd's it produces when I ask it to)

But I only see myth as the starting point to a bigger project... I'm
getting ready to put asterisks in and from there I will move on to pluto
and X10 equipment.

-Mike